Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Battleship Rock

For years, as part of a pseudo-tradition, we have climbed the Superstition Mountains on New Years day. Why? Is it to remind ourselves we are out of shape? Is it to feel good because although we are a year older, we can still climb the super-steep mountain? Or do we do it to keep ourselves from partying too hard the night before? For everyone, there is a different motivation. For me, I love to hike. I love to climb to the top of a windy precipice and appreciate God's great earth. I love the smell of the desert, the sun on my face, and the taste of my homemade energy bar (which some people like to call "pound cake") Another year, another accent. One more reason I live in Arizona!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What a sweet tradition! (And when I say "sweet" I mean...manly!) It looks like a gorgeous view from up there.

Subway Love said...

I went to Battleship one time and the guy I went with pooped his pants all the way down the mountain. It was the funniest day of my life!!!