I just got back from the adventure of the week. I finished a trek on the Lares Trail in the mountains of Peru. I am happy to say that I had no negative experiences with urine, feces, or vomitus (mine or anyone else's) We hiked 7-10 topographically diverse miles a day for 4 days and ended up in Ollantayntambo, took a train to Aguas Calientes. Despite the name, this is where I took my first shower in five days... ice cold. The next morning we went to Machu Picchu and then hike to the top of WaynaPicchu. I could have tried chewing the coca leaves like some others in my group, but they commented on being "stoned" and also waking up every five minutes all night long.
Peru is an amazing place with incredible people. I'll go back. You should come!
Dallas that looks like it was an incredibly amazing trip! And you're right, we soo want to go. Machu Picchu looks amazing, did you get a chance to walk around through the "city"? What a fantastic opportunity, thanks for sharing!
Wow Dallas! Great pics! You were in the most incredible places. Kinda hard to come back to "real life" after that, huh? Oh and I'm also glad to hear that you made it through sans all the urine, feces, and vomitous situations that could have apparently befallen you . . had a kid throw-up all over my open-toed shoes on a plane once and I really don't recommend that kind of experience for anyone! ;-) . . . . -Lori ;-)
Holy cow. I've heard fables and tales of the life of Dallas Woolf, but now I'm a believer and just really want to be your friend. Would it be weird for a married chick to join your boys outing next time? I'm drooling.
5 comments:
Hey you may not have "carnal knowledge" but you probably wouldnt get to go on so many adventures if you were married! Looks amazing, so fun
Dallas that looks like it was an incredibly amazing trip! And you're right, we soo want to go. Machu Picchu looks amazing, did you get a chance to walk around through the "city"? What a fantastic opportunity, thanks for sharing!
Wow Dallas! Great pics! You were in the most incredible places. Kinda hard to come back to "real life" after that, huh? Oh and I'm also glad to hear that you made it through sans all the urine, feces, and vomitous situations that could have apparently befallen you . . had a kid throw-up all over my open-toed shoes on a plane once and I really don't recommend that kind of experience for anyone! ;-) . . . . -Lori ;-)
Holy cow. I've heard fables and tales of the life of Dallas Woolf, but now I'm a believer and just really want to be your friend. Would it be weird for a married chick to join your boys outing next time? I'm drooling.
Ya I'm still jealous of this trip! I will get there one day!
Post a Comment