Friday, November 18, 2011

I Would Like You To Meet My Friend. His Name Is Superstitions.

In preparation for the Turkey Trot next week, I felt that a good conditioner for the legs, lungs, and heart, was to climb the steep trek up to the Flat Iron of the Superstition Mountains. I don't exactly know how many times I've been to the top. It has been many. The first time was when I was 14 or 15. I have enjoyed it a few times a year ever since. It was the last hike I did before I left for my mission, it was the first one I did when I returned. Today, I hiked it in a way that I have never done. I decided to not turn around and look how far I had climbed until I was overlooking the valley from the cliffs of the Flat Iron. Those who have stood on that windy precipice overlooking God's creations can understand how awesome it is. It was interesting for me to realize, every little step, when added up, took me to an impressive elevation. Little things really do add up, for good, and for bad. Voila'! There's a topic for your next talk in church.

Take a hike. See you at the top!




1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

This makes me want to go for a hike. We will miss these amazing views, hikes, formations and outcrops. AZ rules!!