Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is My Butt All Wet?

I recently returned from a little break in which I visited Austin, Texas for several days. I ate BBQ for no less than 5 meals. There is nothing quite like Texas BBQ, and Austin has the bases covered in that genre. The highlight of my trip was the UT vs. BYU football game at UT Austin stadium. I haven't been to a UT game there since I was in attendance. It brought back many fond memories. It also reminded me why I bought ASU season tickets on the WEST side of the stadium. (It's the shady side at the end of the day). I include in this entry a picture of myself, in front of the UT tower, lit up in Orange. Notice my face, shiny with sweat, reddened skin, and dehydrated eyes. It's a wonderful thing to drink a gallon of water and not have to go to the bathroom because you sweat out all the water. My Alma Mater prevailed in the end, despite a rocky beginning. I was nevertheless proud of the BYU boys representing. I thought they played well, and smart. Way to go... I flew home Sunday. While in the airport, there was an impressive number of BYU fans there in the airport in Austin. I found that some of them appreciated my "Good game." accompanied with the friendly pat on the butt. Most did not.




1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

Did you sit on something or is that sweat? Geeeeew!! seriously though, who hasn't had sweaty butt syndrome in Texas? BTW- I agree about the guns. There's gotta be a ratio of number of guns to probability of getting robbed, and throw in a bowie knife attached to the belt...they'll run for the hills :)hope you haven't stabbed yourself yet.