Every year, the Woolf family enjoys time in California, having fun at the beach, the park, the beach, restaurants, and the beach. For Family Home Evening, we go to a nice park that has the kind of grass that Arizona doesn't grow, and we play a game called Friz-Kill. I learned this game while at Philmont when I was 14 years old. Players form a circle, with one player in the middle. The players forming the circle throw a frisbee at the person in the middle, while the person in the middle attempts to dodge the frisbee. The players in the circle can pass to each other to make it more difficult for the player in the center. As a rule, we do not aim for the face. This game can become brutal, but is usually a great way to voice displeasure between siblings.
My sister Audrey swears that this game jacked her back last year. She still played this year, and injured her back again. Maybe she's trying too hard, or not hard enough. I also injured myself. Moving back and forth + running in circles + diving + lunging + being pelted by a disc = pulled groin muscle. Awesome fun.
Here are a few pictures from our trip.
The beach pictures are just some that I thought were funny... especially Chaz catching the ball with his eyes closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment